In 2012, when internet started expanding its horizons, with his over decade experience of managing businesses, Praveen co-founded Jabong which soon turned out to be the game changer in the Indian e-commerce market.
As the managing director of the firm, Sinha was responsible for managing the supply chain, human resources, administration and finance. His out-of-the-box ideas and unique approach towards the work resulted in making Jabong a huge success within months of launch
He is one of the few entrepreneurs who have tasted success in all the ventures they have entered. Not to credit luck, but his divergent and holistic thinking process clubbed with long term vision. Through his new venture PinCap, Praveen is financing and mentoring newly established businesses.
Praveen believes that the future of whether India becomes an economic giant or not will be decided by the tech-driven new age startups by India’s most valuable asset -the vibrant millennial. As an an-gel investor, he has backed multiple young aspirants to pursue entrepreneurial journey.
Awards and Recognition
- Fortune India featured Praveen Sinha in the ‘40 under 40’ compilation (2014)
- He was awarded 'Pure-Play eRetailer of the Year' at Indian eRetailer awards 2013
- Praveen Sinha was honoured with the 'Excellence in eCommerce' award by Etailing India Expo 2013
- He received 'Online Retailer of the Year' title by Etailing India Exhibition 2014.
- One of the youngest to achieve ‘Distinguished Alumni’ title from IIM Calcutta.
- Praveen Sinha was conferred with ‘Trailblazer’ Award by Delhi Technical University
- He is also a state-level NTSC scholar